Normally, PHPForms installation does not require knowledge of PHP and MySQL, but if you are familiar with file uploading using FTP client, database settings, Zip tool, this is a great advantage.
If you are not sure how to set PHPForms up, please, do not hesitate to contact us by filling in one of the forms mentioned on PHPForms Support
Installation of PHPForms is FREE.
For succesful product installation your hosting platform must meet the following requirements:
- - Unix/Linux Apache server with mod_rewrite engine on,
- - PHP 4.x – 5.x,
- - MySQL 4.1 or later installed.
If you are not sure if your server meets these requirements, please check with your web hosting.
So... let's start the installation!
1. Prepare the zipped archive you downloaded from our site. Use your favourite zip program to unzip the archive.
2. Create a new directory on your server and name it appropriately (e.g., 'phpforms')
3. Change directory permissions (CHMOD) to 0755 (or 0777).
4. Upload the contents of the unzipped archive to the directory you've just created on the server (except install.txt).
5. Change permissions of './system/application/config', './backup', './file', './avatar', './tmp', './' folders to 0755 (or 0777).
Change permissions of './blank.htaccess' file to 0777.
6. Check if you have the relevant database information:
- - host name,
- - database name,
- - database user name,
- - database password.
This information is required in order to connect to your database and create administrator account. You can create a new database using your web hosting control panel or use the existing database.
7. Run the installation program: paste the following URL to your browser address bar http://YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/phpforms/index.php/install
NOTE: NOTE: replace 'YOUR-DOMAIN.COM' with your site web address; replace 'phpforms' with your directory name created in step 2.
This URL (http://YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/phpforms/index.php/install) is only the EXAMPLE, do not paste it exactly in the same way as it is shown in this example.
8. Enter the following information:
- - License Key
- - Site name = PHPForms, this is the window title, changeable field
- - Path to script directory = some value, entered automatically, leave this field unchanged
- - Path to user uploaded avatar = path_to_script_directory/avatar, leave this field unchanged
- - Path to user uploaded files = path_to_script_directory/files, leave this field unchanged
- - Script URL = some value, entered automatically
- - MySQL server (hostname) = localhost (usually, change if applicable)
- - MySQL server port (leave blank if hostname is localhost, default value is 3306)
- - MySQL database name (enter the appropriate value, see step 6)
- - MySQL database user name (enter the appropriate value, see step 6)
- - MySQL database password (enter the appropriate value, see step 6)
9. Create administrator account. Enter the following details:
- - login name,
- - password,
- - confirm admin password,
- - administrator email,
- - upload your avatar.
10. If the installation was successful, you will be redirected on main PHPForms page.
NOTE: If you have any troubles installing the script, please contact our support team.
11. Congratulations! Thank you for choosing PHPForms!